Holiday snaps

Finally managed to get a holiday this year (North Wessex Downs, Dorset and Isle of White) just before Sheffield was locked down again! These are a few wildlife pics - nice to see some creatures we don't get to see up here.  One of the red squirrels was on Brownsea Island and the other on Isle of White - I think they look quite different.  Anyone know if this is just sampling error or divergent evolution - I expect the populations have been isolated from each other for a very long time?!

• Mike, loving the holiday snaps, particularly the rutting stags, and thank you for sharing.

Yes, I'd read about Sheffield moving into Tier 3, I was hoping to nip up to Ladybower and around Fairholmes to capture the autumn splendour, and Derwent Dam using long exposure to capture the water flowing over.

• Some more photos to help with the deer ID.  The first 2 were clearly an adult male (not one of the ones rutting) but they seemed to be together so we assumed the rutting ones were just young stags.

• Yes we've been anxiously looking to see where the S.Yorks boundary is as we're not supposed to venture beyond, which is a pain, although there are is still lovely countryside in this area and some of the Peaks are within the county boundary. Judging by the amount of rain we're currently having I'm sure the water will be flowing over Derwent Dam, although summer was so dismal this year that it was also overflowing at the end of August - first time I've seen that!