A lovely day at a North Yorkshire Nature Reserve and then a trip to the River and Canal in lovely Boroughbridge

I couldn't  not take a photo of this fine specimen

Family Gathering

A lovely Tree Sparrow

We can see you

A female Chaffinch 

Lapwings off to new surroundings 

The only one i saw

Lots of these today

And a fair few of these also

They landed a bit further on.

And a few more

I thought this was a kestrel at first the way it was hovering

There seems to be a lot of these around at the moment

They seem happy sat there

And a few more Lapwings social distancing 

A heron a long way off above the tree and a gull trying to get in on the act.

This time without the gull

The Weir at Boroughbridge

There was a fair bit of extra water in the river

The adjacent canal at boroughbridge

• What a lovely day out ILR...thanks for sharing ....oh and as you know am crap at ID but your chaffi/ goldie is a female chaffinch as I get lots in garden Wink.... tree sparrow is so cute.
  • It was Linda, I walked my socks off, it was a lovely sunny day, blue sky with wide paths so giving plenty of room to social distance. Thanks for confirming the female chaffinch. Tree sparrows always nice to see.

• It does look as if you had a good day, with plenty to see. Lovely to find a Tree Sparrow, something I've not managed this year. I imagine there'll be even more extra water in the river after today, at least if you had it anything like it was here!
  • Hi Nigel the weather was great sunny and blue skies we were lucky on Sunday although it’s forecast for showers today and we got them.
    This is the only place I have seen the tree sparrow myself, a lovely bird.
  • A lovely set from your day out, and it certainly did look like a nice one. Lovely colours and so good to see the sun out. We had a lovely day up here, was keeping fingers crossed as we were taking our great nephew and niece to the swing this afternoon park, we are back at not allowed to go into others homes again! It was great to see them and get out into the fresh air, something you can't do if it is pouring rain!

• Thank you Catlady and glad you had a nice day too, I must admit I watch the forecast daily and I do like to get out with the camera when the weather is good. I try and catch up with other things when it’s raining. I have always loved and appreciated nature and get out in the countryside as much as I can.