Some Garden visitors today

Is this a sparrow or  something else ? Green finch Maybe ?

No mistaking this chap digging for bulbs or hiding his nuts ?

Always nice to see our regulars 

Is that Mr Squirrel down there

Digging again

He is persistent 

Time for a drink

Well its not a gin and tonic but it will do

Off back home now

Right the pigeon and the squirrel have gone, back to having my tea.

• i love robins said:
    Is this a sparrow or  something else ? Green finch Maybe ?

Greenfinch for me. There doesn't seem to be strong enough facial marks for a Sparrow (m or f).

i love robins said:
    Well its not a gin and tonic but it will do

You'd get some weird photos if you tried putting G&T in the bird bath Only with ice and lemon please, we have standards to maintain!

Nige   Flickr

• In reply to Nigel O:

Yes I thought it might be a Greenfinch Nige
    Re the gin and tonic, definitely ice and lemon, Lol
  • Very nice visitors ILR...Glad to see you getting a Greenie!

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• In reply to Linda257:

Thanks Linda, Yes I wasn’t 100% but I thought it could be, The squirrel was digging like mad, wasn’t sure if he was after the bulbs or trying to bury peanuts.?
  • More cracking photos, and nice to see the garden is still very active.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• In reply to Mike B:

Yes Mike i have had a good year with all the flowers this year, mind you we have had more time to be in it this year.
  • In reply to i love robins:

i love robins said:
    Yes Mike i have had a good year with all the flowers this year, mind you we have had more time to be in it this year.

I think quite a few folk have had a good year with flowers this year, I know we have, with this years planted erysimum and lavender still in flower!

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• In reply to Mike B:

I have left all the annuals in as they are still in bloom except the tubs I have replaced those for some winter violas and they are now in full bloom and look great. I even scarified my lawns before winter sets in to get rid of the moss. Been out today to buy another guardian for a peanut feeder. The tree at the bottom of the garden looks like a Christmas tree now with all the feeders hanging from it. All it needs now is some chocolate decorations and some lights and some crackers and I am ready for Christmas. Lol