Summer delights

• Lovely photo set ILR, quite a number of different species there so a rewarding trip out for you. Love the Godwit, Tern and funny Wabbit !

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Nice to see a Black-tailed Godwit still in summer plumage.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Thank you Hazel
    The Rabbit was a bonus i had seen a baby owl and was just about to take a photo of it and it flew off, and then i saw the rabbit so all was not lost, it was a lovely sunny day and i quite enjoyed myself.
  • In reply to TeeJay:

Yes Tony i got tipped off by a chap about the Godwit and he told me where it was, although i had to be patient because it was looking away from me, but finally got the photo.
  • A lovely variety of stuff and great colours. Looks like a good place to go.

Nige   Flickr

• Thank you Nigel O it is an RSPB site, St Aidens. In West Yorkshire. I was there for around six hours, and it was a lovely day and it was great to be out and about and I was lucky to see so much wildlife.
  • You will have to look out for the Black-necked Grebes at St.Aidens as they show better than at Woolston Eyes reserve in Cheshire; they will have had their offspring now and some migrate  I believe (from what I read these birds don't like to fly  ! )  they can be found wintering in more southern areas of the UK but next March/April time they will be seen also in more northern areas of UK to breed. They are spectacular looking birds.    

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• A cracking set of photos ILR, and that peacock butterfly is in fine colour, and a nice clear view of the small white's proboscis seeking out the nectar.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• In reply to HAZY:

Hi Hazel
    I have just looked them up in my bird book, thanks for that, they look quite impressive. If i manage to get a photo of one of them i shall post it on here.
  • In reply to Mike B:

Hi Mike
    Not heard that expression before, white's proboscis seeking out the nectar. just looked it up, you have just educated me, thanks for that Mike