Another day, another River with lots of surprise's

• Wow, lovely selection :o)
    Got to say, I think river banks are my favourite places to explore. never know what will turn up
  • Thank you Pimpernebloke, Yes i had a lovely day, i was out from 8am until 4pm and it was well worth it. some of the photos were a bit dodgy as a lot of the subjects were a long way off some exceeding 100m, and you needed the binoculars to see them in the first place especially the heron and the little egret, and it helps if your camera settings are correct ? but nonetheless it was a good day.
  • Great variety of birds along your river bank. What part of the country is this river if you don't mind me asking?
    Love the shots of the Hare. I'm wondering if the Green Sandpiper is a juvenile with the speckled upper breast. Red Kite too - one of my garden birds in the Thames Valley. LOL
  • Hi Tony

Thank you.

You don't  normally see as much wildlife as i did yesterday, mind you i was there from 8am to 4pm

I was hoping to see the Hares and after looking across the fields with my binoculars i spotted one and then another at around 100m away and managed to get some photos before they disappeared  into some bushes. It was a really good day, the egret was another bonus, i spotted that at distance with the binoculars as well, and normally if you do spot a heron it is beside the river bank, no not this time, again at around 100m away at the far end of a field, The Farmer was busy cutting his grass and the red kites were there in numbers another bonus, As for the Sandpiper it is the first time i had seen one of those by the river. And then coming across the Swallows sitting on a cable posing for me. That's the beauty of Nature you never know what you are going to see ?

What part of the country is this river: Yorkshire

• As has been said, a great selection and particularly good photos of the hare
  • lovely set of photos and who can resist the hare with those large ears on alert.
  • Thank you Nigel O, Yes it was a day i shall remember well.
  • Thank you Hazel, I have just had my hair cut and my ears look as large as the Hare's. Ha Ha
    It was a lovely day the rain kept off and to see the unexpected is always satisfying.
  • i love robins said:
    Thank you Hazel, I have just had my hair cut and my ears look as large as the Hare's. Ha Ha

Same here, I had my hair cut today but asked hairdresser to leave it long enough to cover my ears - warmer that way and saves wearing ear muffs  lol