• Lovely photos. Squirrels are always guaranteed to provide entertainment, and interestingly you have birds feeding through squirrel guards!

They refuse here, fussy little beggars.....

• Hi Mike
    Thank you, with regards the guardian when we first bought them we have the large one and the small one, I was of the same opinion I thought the birds were never going to enter through the guardian. And after a time they got confident and now it’s second nature for them and the squirrels can’t enter them. The square feeder is a different option and I tied that from the tree with braid so they couldn’t climb down to it, but to actually see it launch itself from the tree onto the square was mesmerising, I have now moved it a little further away from the launch pad and see if that does the trick ?
  • i love robins said:
    Hi Mike

Thank you, with regards the guardian when we first bought them we have the large one and the small one, I was of the same opinion I thought the birds were never going to enter through the guardian. And after a time they got confident and now it’s second nature for them and the squirrels can’t enter them. The square feeder is a different option and I tied that from the tree with braid so they couldn’t climb down to it, but to actually see it launch itself from the tree onto the square was mesmerising, I have now moved it a little further away from the launch pad and see if that does the trick ?

Squirrels are very inventive creatures, there won't be much to deter them, other than an empty feeder. We've used a square one, successfully and still have it in the shed for now. As far as the squirrel guards are concerned, it wasn't our thoughts, it was the birds themselves, they just never ventured through the bars!

Laughingly, the squirrels tried, and keep on trying!

• Yes Mike they are persistent I will give you that.