Keeping lockdown or Removing restrictions This little fella can’t make his mind up, he’s sitting on the fence

• What camera do you use?we are just starting to get serious about capturing birds as we have so many little visitors in our tiny garden, hoping when lockdown is over to use our spare time enjoying wildlife in its glory,lovely photo of the little chap
  • Hi Trev, I use a Nikon DSLR camera, although cannon is also a popular make. there are second hand cameras that you could purchase through Jessops or eBay for instance that you can pick up from as little as £30 or above dependent on your budget. Mirrorless cameras are also becoming popular now. I bought my Nikon D80 camera from my son in law when he upgraded. The D80 is an old model but serves me well. I would recommend if you go for either make of camera to purchase a good quality lens, I bought my second hand lens from Jessops and was advertised as mint condition for a very good price. Do your research before you buy to ensure you buy the right one for your needs. My lens is a sigma 150 to 600 contemporary lens and I find it excellent in my opinion. Hope this helps.
  • Thanks so much for that, very helpful, will definitely take your advice and be purchasing one soon. That photo of the blue tit is superb,thanks again..
  • Your very welcome if you want the same camera as mine you can pick them up second hand for between £50 to 150, you can still buy the battery replacements and chargers and spares. Check it out on google Nikon d80 the sigma contemporary lens150 600 lens you would have to pay around £600 to £700 second hand and you should be able to download the camera manual as well. Go on u tube and you can get info on the camera and reviews on the lens.
    The lens is brilliant and well worth the money