Some photos of feathered visitors to the garden

Last year we moved from quite a small house with a small, rather horrible little garden into a nicer, slightly bigger house with a decent size garden. We are surrounded by other houses and not far from a city centre but there are gardens all around us and a lot of trees and bushes. One thing I noticed almost immediately was the amount of garden visitors we had in our new place. Having bought a fairly decent camera not long before we moved I purchased a bird table and other bird feeders when we settled here as we have the garden space and activity now.

Over the past year it's been amazing watching the wildlife. The most magical times were last summer when we had fledglings growing up and now this year where some of them have returned to start families of their own. I'm looking forward to summer again.  Being in lockdown has meant that I've had the time to watch them and photograph them. Some of my shots I've included here. It''d be nice to see other people's photos of their garden visitors. 

These are some of my fav shots. I also have some pictures of the Sparrows and Tits but they're too quick to get a clear shot of  I'll keep trying. 

Mrs B (female blackbird) on a tree branch  Mr B (male blackbird) getting some food before going back to guard duty  Robin sat on a branch looking all proud

• June was quite a slow month for photo's. i went most of the month snapping less than 100 but as we got into the last week we started seeing a bit more. Part of this was due to my neighbours having chopped a tree down and displaced a lot of the residents.

Early in the month I saw the great Tit a lot but I've not seen him in a few weeks now.

However regular visitors are the blackbirds, sparrows and the robin's. The blackbirds and sparrows are grown up now, the robin's have had a late brood that have only just hatched and the tree chopping has left the nest very exposed but if we we can keep them safe I may yet get robin's fledgling later which will be nice, I was quite sad when I thought I missed it but there's still a chance that they might not survive but fingers crossed they do.

I've also had a more confident young squirrel venture down into the garden now too which was nice. Below are some of my photos from the month.

• Nice to see the photos are still coming Jessie.

• Update for July.

We had baby blackbirds again which was nice to see. Dad brought his kids to the garden to teach them how to be blackbirds,

Unfortunately this brood wasn't born in our garden because the tree they nested in earlier this year was the one the neighbours chopped down, but it was nice to see them back for a visit even if they had to relocate.

I've seen a few Great Tits which was nice but unfortunately the robins seem to have left now, it's sad but I can't blame them, I'd not want to remain somewhere if I'd lost my babies there :(

Not in my garden as such, but I went for a walk the other day and saw Heron's on the lake.

However, my biggest excitement for July has to be the wren. I've been seeing it on and off for the past year but never managed to get a photo of it. Recently I'd started seeing it more often and I've had my camera ready if I catch a glimpse and this morning I saw it. About the same time as I saw it the other morning so I'm assuming that's when it's most active and finally I managed to get a photo of it.

• Another nice selection Jessiemeg, that bug looks big enough to take Jenny on in a scrap lol
  • Nice photos. Better to have the Blackbirds coming to feed after they've fledged, I'd say, if it is a choice between that or having them hidden away on a nest and then disappearing!
  • More fabulous photos Jessica, and I particularly like the blackbird feeding from the coconut shell and juvenile robin, complete with butterfly/moth.

Well captured.

• Thank you for all the likes and comments on my feed about the garden visitors. Unfortunately we are moving soon and as we currently can't afford a house the same size as this one because rent prices have gone up significantly post lockdown, the house I'm moving to is smaller, it has no garden and is in a built up area with very few trees and things near by. I'll still set the bird table up in the yard (we have a yard at least) and hopefully city dwelling bird will visit occasionally but I doubt I'll see as many as I have here, so you may not get many posts from me for a while. This is only temporary (I hope) while I find my feet financially again and so hopefully in a few months I'll be in a nice house with a good garden again. 

• Best wishes, Jessie, for you for your new place (once you have moved!) and I hope you get some birdie visitors there, but also that you will manage to get out to reserves and parks while you are waiting to move house again afterwards!

• Hope to see your posts in the near future and good luck with your new house
  • I'm sorry to read that you've got to move, but wish you an easy move, because moving home can be stressful.

Hopefully you'll see plenty of activity with the bird table in the yard.