A taster of what's to come x

I'm currently away from home, and seen some superb sites, a mumuration, kingfishers and some of the more usual sightings.

I'll catch up with you all sometime next week.

1. ATB
  • James68 said:
    Hi Mike sorry late reply that's terrible ref the accident and it's amazing how our lives can change so unexpectedly. But it hasn't dampened your passion for outdoors which is good to know, the places you mention are close to me and Abergwyngregyn is a lovely little walk and alot of variety to look at. I'm off to the Great Orme tomorrow hopefully I'll see some Snow Buntings.

Regards James

James, no apology required, we all lead busy lives, so I do understand.

My passion for the outdoors will never wane.

The Great Orme I know well, and often enjoy a drive around Marine Drive. I may, or may not, have mentioned I have family not far away in Deganwy, so I know the area reasonably well, though I'm always finding new places. 

Hopefully you will  have seen your snow buntings, I look forward to reading, and if any photos, seeing the photos.

• Hi Mike no Snow Buntings on my trip but I am hopeful if I keep looking and visiting, I did catch some footage of a kestrel, Peregrine and a Stonechat feeding which meant it wasn't a wasted journey.
    This morning I was watching my local beach and spied a Ringed Plover it was mixed in with some Knots.

I have put up a post, is it rare?

Regards James
  • James68 said:
    Hi Mike no Snow Buntings on my trip but I am hopeful if I keep looking and visiting, I did catch some footage of a kestrel, Peregrine and a Stonechat feeding which meant it wasn't a wasted journey.
    This morning I was watching my local beach and spied a Ringed Plover it was mixed in with some Knots.

I have put up a post, is it rare?

Regards James

I'll be looking for that posting. Thumbsup

One thing I've learned over the years, nature dictates what you will and will not see, however, it doesn't stop you going out in hope.

My initial posting shows that, where I went out to investigate a new nature reserve for me, and bagged a kingie, and regulars to the reserve said the kingie's, yes more than one, were frequent visitors. The second visit, no kingie, but I bagged a heron snapping an eel for lunch!

Keep returning, you never know, you may see that snow bunting yet, or something just as special.