A taster of what's to come x

I'm currently away from home, and seen some superb sites, a mumuration, kingfishers and some of the more usual sightings.

I'll catch up with you all sometime next week.

1. ATB
  • Looking forward to your images, Mike, you little tease lol
  • I'm back home, have been a couple of days now, back at work after the break in N Wales with way too many photos to sift through and sort.

That's the problem with a new toy, too many things to experiment with and old known locations have to be revisited just to try and see.

So, here's another teaser...

And if you're wondering what the heron has, a zoomed in piccie of the camera screen....

• Great photos, I am new to this forum and I'm enjoying the varied subjects on here, like you I enjoy photography but I edge toward the camcorder side of things and I'm currently gathering subject matter. I live in Nth Wales and would welcome any tips on places to go that you found lucrative on your last visit.

Kind regards James
  • James68 said:
    Great photos, I am new to this forum and I'm enjoying the varied subjects on here, like you I enjoy photography but I edge toward the camcorder side of things and I'm currently gathering subject matter. I live in Nth Wales and would welcome any tips on places to go that you found lucrative on your last visit.

Kind regards James

Thank you James, I'll be posting shortly the final photos.

There are a lot of very good photographers, and videographers on the forum, many far better than myself, keep your eyes open.

Not totally sure where in N Wales, but RSPB Conwy, right by A55 Junc 18, is a good one to look at, very pro-active with the local community.

There are number along the coast from Llanfairfechan to Banger and quite a few on Anglesey, including RSPB South Stack just the other side of Holyhead.

The taster pics were at The Spinnies Aberogwen North Wales Wildlife Trust Nature Reserve (signposted at A55 J12), near to Bangor and relatively easy to get to.

https://www.northwaleswildlifetrust.org.uk/nature-reserves/spinnies-aberogwen

• An update, for those interested, I've uploaded two posts relating to this thread if you need quell your curiosity.

To say I was like a dog with two tails was the understatement, I was like a dog with 22 tails!

The Spinnies, Aber Ogwen, Bangor 01 Nov 2019

The Spinnies, Aber Ogwen, Bangor 02 Nov 2019

• Great images of the Héron and the Kingfisher and to catch them in action is even better!

Regards James
  • Hi Mike thanks, yes I am currently visiting Conwy and Church Island on Anglesey, the hide at Abergwyngregyn area has some nice wader varieties and geese too, I will keep visiting throughout the year and build on my video library.

Regards James
  • James68 said:
    Great images of the Héron and the Kingfisher and to catch them in action is even better!

Regards James

Thank you James.

• James68 said:
    Hi Mike thanks, yes I am currently visiting Conwy and Church Island on Anglesey, the hide at Abergwyngregyn area has some nice wader varieties and geese too, I will keep visiting throughout the year and build on my video library.

Regards James

Abergwyngregyn looks like it could be an interesting reserve, I'll be interested to see your photos, as I'm sure others will be also.

Church Island, if that's the one I think it is, on the Menai Bridge side of the Menai Strait and not the one nearer the Britannia Bridge, could be a fascinating visit, as I'm sure the other would be as well.

Abergwyngregyn village holds special memories for me, not that you'd expect it to with looking so run down as you drive past on the A55, but many years ago, as a former hill and moorland walker, my first proper encounter with the Northern Carneddau started from there, walking up to Aber Falls, then the steep climb up on the the Carneddau.

Sadly after someone ran a red light and took me with them, smashing my right leg, they are now just happy memories.

I'm hoping to get up to Conwy for a days visit in December (anything further would be a bit much driving), but that will be decided on the weather permitting, a couple of days beforehand, and making sure family are around so I can visit them once it gets dark before the drive home.

• Hi Mike sorry late reply that's terrible ref the accident and it's amazing how our lives can change so unexpectedly. But it hasn't dampened your passion for outdoors which is good to know, the places you mention are close to me and Abergwyngregyn is a lovely little walk and alot of variety to look at. I'm off to the Great Orme tomorrow hopefully I'll see some Snow Buntings.

Regards James