"It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Autumn"

"It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Autumn"; (taken from a Christmas song by Bing Crosby....)

It's still July (only just though) and leaves are falling!
With the lack of significant rainfall here for over 40 days, it's hardly surprising.
However, leaves falling early to mid August is not exactly an unusual phenomenon, usually brought on by a dry hot spell, something I first observed a lot as a teenager (a couple of decades ago, ok, a few decades ago) when working on farms, pointed out by the farmers I was working for at the time, usually while hay making.
Incidentally, for those wondering, the little box on three legs sitting on the wall is my new garden cam, a Bushnell Natureview, which may be a discontinued item which seems to be delivering the goods very well.

• As you say Mike,   some leaves brown/curled up and falling as the trees struggle getting sufficient moisture to their roots;  thankfully this morning it has been chucking it down and set in for the day so - hooray  !!      Our Beech trees are in mast so it will be like machine gun fire of nuts if the wind picks up in Autumn - might need a hard hat  !!