Migration? Kinda...

There is a pair of Mute Swans locally that have attempted to nest by a pond in the middle of a housing estate where I live but there is nowhere suitable for a nest, due to the pond having a fence all the way around it. Last year they went to another local but more remote pond and hatched 7 cygnets. As soon as they were able to waddle, the parents walked the babies back to the other pond where they knew they would get more attention and food given to them. This was maybe a mile or just over and involved crossing several roads. They all made it and now the parents have gone back to their breeding pond and left the 7 offspring on the urban pond.

• for me I don’t think you have a fake profile or anything. I didn’t even know what the person was on about hence asking. And I don’t think anyone should of said you do and I havnt deleated any of my comments so you don’t have to worry about that. I’m just curious about which duck and swan food your on about weather its the floating one or ground one. And curious about if you seen any interesting behaviours with the swans you visit

• Hi all - this conversation has been brought to our attention. It seems as though you have all resolved things amongst yourselves, which is great. But for future reference, please try to keep discussions on the RSPB Community Forum centred around birds and wildlife.

If you'd like a reminder of what kinds of content and discussions are permitted on this forum, you can take a look at the 'Content Standards' section of our RSPB Community Forum Terms and Conditions.

Happy forum-ing! Blush