Which bird is Europe's most popular migratory bird?

Which bird is Europe's most popular migratory bird? Is it a cuckoo, swift, swallow or maybe an other bird? What is your favourite?

On www.Birdingplaces.eu they organize a nice migratory bird competition. You can choose your 3 favourite birds. And you can also predict the number 1 bird,

• I've got a not inconsiderable soft spot for ospreys ........ but I also love terns, swallows, martins, swifts, hobby, cuckoo. And that's just the summer migrants!! Winter ........... whooper and Bewick's swan, smew, scaup, goosander, hen harrier.  And not forgetting the short-eared owl.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• I've never really thought of our Grey Heron as migratory other than moving between feeding areas

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Cheers Robbo I did wonder in fact I'm sure it reared it's head quite a while ago on another bird related forum

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Have they been ringed or tagged Dave? could be a good chance to do that before they fall off the wall

Pete