Storks sighting

Has just had a pair of storks fly over our house heading north from the South Downs !! We are about / mile from Pulborough Brooks, have photo if any one interested. 

• Yes, please post it. I know there's a reintroduction programme going on. Could it be from there or have they hopped across the Channel?

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Would be great to see your photo!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Not clear and were 2. We have been watching them for years in the Vendee do very surprised to see them over our house!! 
    Apparently have been reintroduced at knepp castle which is about 10 miles north of us

• Interesting info, we have another poster, Noisette in the Gironde, who is quite involved with Storks ... under normal circumstances!

A link to the general project ... www.whitestorkproject.org/

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• How lovely & I hope they are successful & find plenty to eat. Where we are they never nest far from water & on our local marshes their staple diet seems to be Louisiana Crayfish which are plentiful & an invasive species. Some of them nest on electric pylons & EDF have to go up & insulate the wires to avoid their électrocution. We have a big team of volunteers in Charente Maritime that (under normal circumstances) monitor all the nests & report new one's. It's a big industry! LOL

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• Thanks for posting your pic, Battybobs. Knepp estate have done some wonderful work with rewilding. It would be great if White Storks could be reestablished in the UK after 400 years of absence.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream