Overwintering instead of migrating 2017

With seeing this chap/chapess this morning I wonder if there will be many sightings of overwintering Warblers etc instead of migrating.

If you see any please feel free to add them here over winter.

My Flickr photos

• It's interesting Alan, there seems to be a lot more birds overwintering in UK that would usually be in Africa by now;  just hope we don't have a very harsh winter as I think we're due for one !   I love to see the Blackcaps in winter months and the Chiffchaffs.     The Purple Heron was still around at L.Moss (as far as I know) but being a juvenile may be it will stay.   Being milder some were late to leave our shores this year;  I'm looking forward to seeing the return of the winter thrushes and hopefully Waxwings but what is more concerning is the trees/shrubs fruited earlier this year which doesn't bode well for the end of winter and sufficient food supply.    

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to HAZY:

Lovely pic D & coincidentally I had sweet little Chiffchaff on the waterfall earlier this morning, quite tiny compared to Spadger & cute waggy tail actions ... no pic unfortunately!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to WendyBartter:

Good idea Alan, it's interestign to note what unsual birds are around & where. I hope you're not right Hazy, we commented a day or so ago that it could be a hard winter & that our winter bird populations have only just recovered from the last one.

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• In reply to Noisette:

I was regularly having Chiffchaffs in the garden with the tit flock throughout September, but they seem to have disappeared now. It's not a great photo, but I did spot this one yesterday, this time not in the garden but in a rather special tit flock (more of that later...). I assume they just like to have the security in numbers that the tit flocks provide.

Nige   Flickr