Ospreys are starting to pass through!

Over the past week three separate individuals have been seen on different estuaries in Devon. Plym & Tamar, Teign and several minutes later the same juvenile bird entered the lower Exe and today one was seen on the Taw estuary in north Devon. I have yet to see an Autumn Osprey though there is several birds heading south so fingers crossed. I know several of you like to know when they enter our airspace in the south west.

• Love the S.E.Owl pics,We have not caught up with one in our area yet this year,they seem to have gone from our local moors.Hope you enjoy your trip up there.Last time we were in that part of the world we had a boat trip out from Gairloch to the Shiants for White Tailed Eagles among other things worth the ride on an uncomfortable,but fast, R.I.B.

• This Bird was seen on the Taw estuary this week, photo taken by a local birder. It has a blue ring on it left leg. Unfortunately unable to read it. Anyone involved with ringing in Scotland and recognise this individual? There is another photo of the same bird on Devon Birds website. While i've away several more Ospreys have been recorded on Devon estuaries. Hope to see one soon!

• Good capture. Hope you get to see one yourself, DO. There's been one hanging about for a couple of weeks on a small reservoir near Aylesbury, Bucks. I'm not really into twitching so haven't been although it's less than a hour from me.