Wildlife Trust. news about the environmental act.

I was one of the people that wrote  aswell for them to take. 

I did it by email for them. It’s interesting  so many people contributed to it.

And they did a map of all the people that contributed to it and it seems like

There’s good news about trying to reverse Natures decline so far 

https://www.wildlifetrusts.org/less-nature-without-urgent-action?utm_source=Wilder+Future+Campaign+Newsletter&utm_campaign=e2b4ec3bc1-WF_ENEWS_JUNE_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_9036c9bc7a-e2b4ec3bc1-151756546

• This was a follow up from the call by the Wildlife Trust to sign a petition a few weeks back (I may have posted a link to the petition), I too received the email having signed the petition.

I wish I had the same confidence that something practical will be done, rather than, at best, a knee jerk reaction, which our government, all parties without exception, seem to do.

I'm not even sure that much will be done, because there is no money to be made.

Boris in a very recent speech whilst at the Alexandra Stadium, home to the Commonwealth Games 2022, stated there that more construction and houses were required.

So please understand my negativity, not a normal trait of mine, but decades of ignorance from politicians has more than nurtured that, but as I've always maintained "nothing ventured, nothing gained"

• I've stopped signing petitions as i found they never make any difference. Not just on conservation and environmental  concerns but nearly every petition I've seen. Also sadly I've always thought nothing will ever change as far as climate change concerns are and will ever happen. Reason,,certain large countries will never change.. There are certain large industrial countries that will never change until it’s to late to do anything about climate change. You will know which countries i mean. I don't want to be the one of doom and gloom. But in my opinion that’s the way i feel!

• There a non profit organisation and there money they get from people who donate to both petitions and appeals and some of them actually do and that’s why I sign them if some of them didn’t succeed And have seen some reach there goal. If none of them ever did during the past few years I contributed to them I wouldn’t sign them in the first place and iv seen some of them finally reach there goal. But they do. And I have signed petitions a couple of time and have also seen them succeed sometimes .

Here’s an example of a apeal that has succeeded

www.rspb.org.uk/.../
  • I know about that. But that’s not a petition. And I've never seen petitions have any success. Appeals are different which do have success. A big difference between an appeal for land as a reserve. But a petition to Government have never or rarely succeeded. And countries such ad China etc with huge large industries that use coal will ever give up on fossil fuels! Can you tell me which petition’s have succeeded apart from the odd few if any have succeeded! Also the details of any petitions to have succeeded you mentioned that have had any success, with a source would be nice to see!

• I've been off grid for a few days, after a damned good but weekend with my son, so now playing catch up.

First, I'm a great believer in 'nothing ventured, nothing gained', so signing a petition will have some impact, even if it's only futile, as IAR states.

However, to be  more realistic, not negative, I'm not convinced global politicians are really that interested in saving the planet, to coin the phrase, unless there's money in it for them. Any conservation work costs money, and also removes land deemed ideal for projects to help the human race survive, and these projects, with a bit of twisting in the form of shares and investors, work akin to savings accounts, but with huge sums of money that many of us can only see as numbers.

The UK government has drastically reduced its financial support to the National Parks (and other organisations), which means for the Nat Parks, they then have to be innovative in how they bring in the necessary income, which in turn often means conservation projects are sacrificed in favour of money making projects, which need to appeal to people spending money to help finance conservation projects.

That in turn often means construction, car parks, buildings and usually an activity, which then takes more land that would be left to nature, for human procurement (probably the wrong words, but sounded good) of a leisure activity for holiday makers to spend money and get a thrill

A classic has to be the Lake District with Honister Slate Mine, and Snowdonia likewise who also have zip wires, just to name a couple.

Add  to that, I often wonder if our government at least, have a vision, that doesn't require countryside.

I'll make it quite clear here, I have no problem with peoples dietary tastes, desires or whatever, vegan, vegetarian or meat eater, that is their choice and I respect that.

But I do object to a political ideal just for money.

Now my cynicism comes in to play, our government are trying to get us all to stop eating meat, cattle are creating greenhouse gasses, we need to reduce are carbon footprint, etc, and with success of vertical or subterranean horticulture using artificial light, irrigation and no requirement of insects, along with the huge number of underground bunkers from the Cold War era, do we really need the countryside!

So the building continues, artificficiall procured plant based foods feeding a nation without any negative climate impact......  But not in my lifetime, and possibly not in our children's lifetime, but sometime in the future.

OK. I'm probably being extremely cynical, but it must surely promote some alternative thinking as to what might be in the minds of our great leaders.

Back to the original theme, are petitions worth signing, I still think so, as I said earlier: 'nothing ventured, nothing gained'