• You might notice when you visit the website but they  have changed the icon. On I Spot I found out they changed it on Twitter. I don’t know if they are going to do the same here eventually or not but they have also made some changes to their website it’s white not Blue and the drop down menu for signing in and loging in and the Community is on the left and not the top there’s other slight differences on the website aswell

https://www.rspb.org.uk/birds-and-wildlife/wildlife-guides/natures-calendar-home/

• If it does change on this community as long as the community is easier to use, that is more important. There have always been changes in most organisations. Lets wait and see. The only problem over the year’s since this forum started is that when this forum first launched it was so miuch easier to use. Every upgrade to this forum has made it worse to use. At one time moderators where always posting on this forum. RSPB staff and moderators now post mainly on Facebook and Twitter. Check the various RSPB Facebook and Twitter accounts. Staff mainly do updates on various RSPB reserves now on Twitter and Facebook and if you have a look you'll see that is the case. Check some of the blogs on various RSPB reserves on this forum. And on some of the blogs from some RSPB reserve's, some of those blogs on lots of reserves are less frequently used and even some reserve blogs haven't been updated for years. One such small RSPB reserve hasn't been updated for years in Northumberland is Coquet Island with the wardens now favouring Twitter. Even those reserves still posting occasionally are now posting more regularly on Twitter and Facebook. Only a few blogs from RSPB reserves are now posting on Facebook and Twitter as more individuals use those websites than forums. Sadly I'm afraid that is the way things are going
  • Yes I think it’s mainly the website that they made some changes to but they could make some changes on other social media platforms aswell not that they will though. I do know there changeing the icon on online platforms though. I think with websites like the RSPB websites I think one of the most important things are that it’s user friendly cause otherwise most people even People in charge of a site like this one will find it easyer to use other sites instead for posting.
  • As All i know every upgrade to the RSPB Community since this community was first launched more than 10 years ago has bern made worse and more complicated to use. No one from the RSPB management has ever replied to members complaints direct on to this forum about previous upgrade. I did post direct to the previous CEO Mike Clark to his RSPB email address at the RSPB’ Headquarters at the The Lodge reserve of ehich k did get a reply from Mike Clark. Although a nice and polite reply! Nothing really changed. Also a few years ago i contacted Martin Harper the then RSPB Conservation Director who also has replied to me, but again nothing much changed. So make of that what you may. But every upgrade to the RSPB Community has made things worse. Also I've heard from some within my local RSPB Group about the changes to the RSPB Local Group’s website. As the administrator who told some of us from my local RSPB Group of the new updates to the RSPB Local Group website and the upgrade by the RSPB headquarters and the updates have made it more difficult and complicated for the administrators to use for the various RSPB local groups administrators and moderators and more to use. So any updates to the main RSPB Website after hearing about thoae upgrades, doesn't fill me with any confidence of any upgrades to the main RSPB website..

• I get emails from the RSPB on Notes on Nature and things

And they have changed there icon on there Aswell

and it looks they have changed there motto 

• I really don't like the typeface and especially the spacing

S
  • Ok. Thats interesting. How come?

• I'm indifferent to the new logo, so long as the work still continues, and that is the important point.

As for the typeface, that is a bit of a trend, from the original typefaces used, and probably more inline with a lot of organisations. The typeface looks very similar to the Microsoft default font of Calibri, whereas before it used to be Arial.

• I'm eith Robbo and Bob on this a lot of time and money spent on this to obtain very little. To me the previous logo was more eye catching
  • They did have that logo for years so everyone is used to it. I think they must of thought this one might be more eye catching cause it’s more colourful and they could of thought the icon would go well with the motto cause they changed the motto