• Why would it probably crash the system?
  • Unknown said:
    If they change the logo on this Forum it will probably crash the whole system. Am I bitter and twisted? Too right I am.
    Never mind the first of the month syndrome, It's now everyday before midday before you can use the system without waiting about 10 mins for pages to load. Trouble is that we don't seem to have anyone to report the issues to.

I agree! It has been happening 24 hours a day. Not just the 1st of every month. And that’s been happening for months and longer.. I can't be bothered to post problems now! It does no good. The software on this forum is a disgrace and unlike other websites which are very fast to connect to.and the RSPB Community seem just like when the internet became available to the public as dial up. Many years before fibre optic. The software for this forum is a disgrace and the the worst anywhere on the internet. And I'm being serious. It takes ages to post anything on this forum now and that has been happening for years. And my speed is very fsst. But not on this community forum run by the RSPB. Every other website is extremely fast but not on the the RSPB Community Forum for years now. Sorry I've had to say that. But Ive felt like that for a very long time! And I've never posted on how i feel about this before. But I've felt like this for years!

• I think the forum being slow has something to do with one of the servers and that’s why it’s been like that for years. When things slow down and another thing happens that might cause some technical probloms and slow it down even more or receives too much information at once than things can crash. But im wondering how changeing the logo on the RSPB website would cause it too slow down even more and crash

• Also as it’s austere timea. Like everything else I'm having to cut out on things myself. But when i see an uograge like this. It make’s me wonder why. More could be spent on reserves,, wildlife etc. Instead the RSPB upgrade there website. Then as usual the RSPB have appeals asking for money. Then the RSPB upgrade therr website. When the RSPB do this it makes me less likely to suppott appeals and donating financially. I'm having to cut back myself. Thank goodness i have my senior citizens concessionary travel pass. But it wouldn't surprise me if senior citizens like myself lose that as everything ekse us being cut. But then the RSPB upgrade there website. But I'm not surprised by this!

• The last logo change was only in 2013. It was hailed as appearing more friendly and less 'shouty' in a Birdwatch article of the time. The letters were changed to lower case (grammatically incorrect for an acronym, but never mind) and some lines of the avocet were erased. For that the artist received £30,000. The logo change was estimated by the RSPB to have cost "in the low hundreds of thousands", and £2-£3million for the total rebrand (uniforms, etc). Now eight years later it has been scrapped and the new letters have reverted to uppercase (back to 'shouty'!). The cost will be similar, but phased in gradually so there is no one big noticeable chunk paid out in one go. What a terrible waste of time and money all this is.
  • commons.wikimedia.org/.../File:RSPB_advert_1934.jpg
    I hope this link works. Does anyone know what the RSPB’s logo was before the Avocet returned to the UK as a nesting/breeding species just after the second war in the UK! Well this link gives the answer from 1934! Fingers crossed that the link works! And the link does work! Someone asked that question in 2012 on this forum and someone from the Lodge in Bedfordshire had no isea. But he made enquiries into this and looked at the archives at the RSPB’s library at the Lodge  put this link in his reply in 2012!