RSPB news. RSPB are changing there logo and why

• In reply to Zo Clark:

Zo Clark said:
    Dont worry I know you wernt blameing HS2. I meant it a differant way. . as a made up example of it being used can’t blame him really I would do the same. just an example of it being used that isn’t actually implying that they think someone is blameing or blamed someone or something.

With all the HS2 and everything. can’t blame them.
    not actual blame.
    Sorry if I comfused you.

With the money thing though I know what you mean now. Cause there a non profit organisation maybe some of there money they get from doing that goes towards conservation tasks and keeping them self’s running

No worries, nor apology required.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• Got to say, I have never been a fan of marketing. Got a family member working in it, but to me, a good product sells itself……especially along established one. Rebranding means, or at least suggests, failure. Not sure membership numbers support that. No problem with aims changing, and slogans also changing. As prev though, this new logo isn’t original, and doesn’t achieve its goal!
  • In reply to ItisaRobbo:

They have changed it quiet a lot. But they havnt changed the Avocet which people are very familiar with even when it wasn’t in colour and before the colours that are supposed to represent land and sky. I think one of the main things is that they havnt changed the Avocet. the green at the bottom is supposed to be land while the blue at the top is meant to be sky and sea. Which is intended to reflect there ambition to protect all of Nature with a birds eye view and not just some of it. But I Think most people think the other one is better cause there so used to it even though the colours on the new logo are meant to be symbolic. As time goes on some people might find there just used to it now whereas others might still think the other one was better. For me I don’t really have an opinion on the colours. Im just neutral but I think as long as they  Carry on doing what they do best I think that’s the main thing like Mike said, 

• In reply to Zo Clark:

Zo Clark said:

They have changed it quiet a lot. But they havnt changed the Avocet which people are very familiar with even when it wasn’t in colour and before the colours that are supposed to represent land and sky. I think one of the main things is that they havnt changed the Avocet. the green at the bottom is supposed to be land while the blue at the top is meant to be sky and sea. Which is intended to reflect there ambition to protect all of Nature with a birds eye view and not just some of it. But I Think most people think the other one is better cause there so used to it even though the colours on the new logo are meant to be symbolic. As time goes on some people might find there just used to it now whereas others might still think the other one was better. For me I don’t really have an opinion on the colours. Im just neutral but I think as long as they  Carry on doing what they do best I think that’s the main thing like Mike said, 

It's not a case of "I like the old one better because I'm used to it ", it's more a case of is there any need to spend money and man hours changing a logo in these austere times. I think not but others are at liberty to disagree.

• In reply to ItisaRobbo:

ItisaRobbo said:
    Got to say, I have never been a fan of marketing. Got a family member working in it, but to me, a good product sells itself……especially along established one. Rebranding means, or at least suggests, failure. Not sure membership numbers support that. No problem with aims changing, and slogans also changing. As prev though, this new logo isn’t original, and doesn’t achieve its goal!

I have to agree with you.

However, the way things have gone today, too many folk require to be spoon fed, so for the likes of me, all this advertising malarky becomes a very large pain in the.......

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• In reply to Bobs_Retired:

I know. I wasn’t referring to you I was referring to people in general cause the RSPB are changeing there icon everywhere. But apart from that Iv noticed even though there changeing the icon everywhere they havnt changed all there icons yet for example on the Duck Duck go search engine I use to go on the RSPB website on the search results it will look like this

With RSPB website and there shop there’s still a inconsistency

• If they change the logo on this Forum it will probably crash the whole system. Am I bitter and twisted? Too right I am.
    Never mind the first of the month syndrome, It's now everyday before midday before you can use the system without waiting about 10 mins for pages to load. Trouble is that we don't seem to have anyone to report the issues to.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• In reply to TeeJay:

Why would it probably crash the system?
  • In reply to TeeJay:

TeeJay said:
    If they change the logo on this Forum it will probably crash the whole system. Am I bitter and twisted? Too right I am.
    Never mind the first of the month syndrome, It's now everyday before midday before you can use the system without waiting about 10 mins for pages to load. Trouble is that we don't seem to have anyone to report the issues to.

I agree! It has been happening 24 hours a day. Not just the 1st of every month. And that’s been happening for months and longer.. I can't be bothered to post problems now! It does no good. The software on this forum is a disgrace and unlike other websites which are very fast to connect to.and the RSPB Community seem just like when the internet became available to the public as dial up. Many years before fibre optic. The software for this forum is a disgrace and the the worst anywhere on the internet. And I'm being serious. It takes ages to post anything on this forum now and that has been happening for years. And my speed is very fsst. But not on this community forum run by the RSPB. Every other website is extremely fast but not on the the RSPB Community Forum for years now. Sorry I've had to say that. But Ive felt like that for a very long time! And I've never posted on how i feel about this before. But I've felt like this for years!

Regards,

Ian.