• I'm seeing a lot of organisations changing there logos, not just conservation organisations, but commercial organisations as well, and for sone strange reason, or perhaps I'm being cynical, green is the one common colour.

I would also add that the Wildlife Trust have also very recently, and I wonder if there is a money thing behind this. The reason why I wonder about a money thing, as a former BMC (British Mountaineering Council) member around four years ago, along with The Ramblers Association and the British Canoe Union, all had to change their names and logos to receive quite a generous funding package from Sport England if they made the changes requested by SE.

Those changes included logo change, name change ad as good as a complete rebrand.

• The Ramblers Association became The Ramblers
    • The British Canoe Union became British Canoeing
    • The BMC was to become Climb Britain, but the membership stood firm and fought against it.

I'll not go into the reasons, on the BMC revolt, nor the changes for the others unless requested, but I do wonder if there is some funding scenario or support program undergoing.

• "Sorry I’m late. I know they have changed the logo a couple of times through the years but I think that was developing into the logo

In 1987 they did a black and white icon aswell as blue icon which was the transition from Black and white to 

Blue and White. In the year 2000 2008 2009 they completely changed the icon to Blue and 

changed there Motto from Natures Voice to 2 different ones 2 more times the 3rd icon is most similar to

how it is now and says a million voices for Nature and  they had completely changed the 

Then in 2010 or 2013 they kept it at RSPB giving Nature a home so they were more focused 

on encouraging people to find ways to help Wildlife in there garden and make this 

opportunity more accessible to more people cause a lot of people still don’t have much acess

to Nature. There motto reflects how things have changed and how things are now

and what there doing for conservation in the face of those changes. 

when things change some years down the line they change there motto to reflect 

how things are now and what there doing about it. 

Interestingly they didn’t have the picture of the avocet at first

and the picture of the Avocet didn’t come until 1966 and 1974

Now everyone knows Nature is in crisis and more Wildlife are on the red list now. 

So this is there main focus now tackling the Nature Crisis. 

The icon gave me a surprise at first.  I don’t think or feel any way about the 

Icon as such i defiantly wasn’t expecting them to change it or there motto. You can’t really blame 

them with the whole HS2, and agreements to reduce decline by a certain year before it’s too late

And other things that have gone on. And I think as long as there still doing what they do that’s all that matters.  

I think it will take a long time for people to get used to the new icon and the motto. 

But I find it quiet interesting that they have changed it so much. But I guess there trying to make it more powerful and atention grabbing. 

For the money thing though with the Wildlife Trust I don’t think it’s likely to be a money thing cause there a non profit organisation but with the other organisations I don’t know 

• Well today is 20 June 2022 - are we going to run a Sweepstake as to when the new Logo appears on the Community pages?

I will start with 12 August 2022.
  • I wasn't blaming HS2 merely keeping an open mind as to why more than one conservation organisation is having a makeover, no matter how big or small the organisation.

Add to that, all organisations do periodically go through a rebranding, often for a reason rather than just for the sake of it, because costs are involved, and even with the electronic age, the cost for software engineers to update the parts of the programming and online documents etc, that require updating, and of course, we still use paper, so letterheads will need to be printed and official documents, like reports.

I will add, age has made me very cynical, but sadly, all to often, justifiably.....

• Zo Clark said:
    For the money thing though with the Wildlife Trust I don’t think it’s likely to be a money thing cause there a non profit organisation but with the other organisations I don’t know 

I see no reason why a non profit making organisation cannot take advantage of an offer of a donation of funds, even with strings attached like re-branding etc as long as this funds are used for the core activities of the organisation.

• Dont worry I know you wernt blameing HS2. I meant it a differant way. . as a made up example of it being used can’t blame him really I would do the same. just an example of it being used that isn’t actually implying that they think someone is blameing or blamed someone or something.

With all the HS2 and everything. can’t blame them.
    not actual blame.
    Sorry if I comfused you.

With the money thing though I know what you mean now. Cause there a non profit organisation maybe some of there money they get from doing that goes towards conservation tasks and keeping them self’s running
  • Zo Clark said:
    Dont worry I know you wernt blameing HS2. I meant it a differant way. . as a made up example of it being used can’t blame him really I would do the same. just an example of it being used that isn’t actually implying that they think someone is blameing or blamed someone or something.

With all the HS2 and everything. can’t blame them.
    not actual blame.
    Sorry if I comfused you.

With the money thing though I know what you mean now. Cause there a non profit organisation maybe some of there money they get from doing that goes towards conservation tasks and keeping them self’s running

No worries, nor apology required.

• If they change the logo on this Forum it will probably crash the whole system. Am I bitter and twisted? Too right I am.
    Never mind the first of the month syndrome, It's now everyday before midday before you can use the system without waiting about 10 mins for pages to load. Trouble is that we don't seem to have anyone to report the issues to.