night time bird call?

hello, i wondered if anyone could help me work out what this call is that i'm hearing each night! i might embarrass myself as my partner insists it "could be anything, even a cat" but all my attempts to identify it have failed.

i'm in northern germany, in a city but with a big wild garden and large wooded area behind us, meaning we get a variety of wildlife. while i'd gotten used to the calls of the nightingales during spring, this one is relatively new and i have no idea what it could be.

i'm grateful to anyone who might be able to help me solve this mystery!

• The call of the Long Eared Owl was described to me as like a squeaky gate and I reckon this could fit the description. I thought Berlin was one of the places where you can get L E Owls in city parks or am I mixing that eith some ither European city?
  • yes i think you might be right - when i was researching about the nightingales, i read that berlin and its overgrown parks and graveyards makes it a popular location for many birds that wouldn't necessarily be seen in your average city.

the tempelhofer feld (the former airfield) is now the largest city park, and from a bit of googling i've found out that they've definitely been present in the area. i also found a few things to suggest that they've been spotted in other parks in the city.