What is attacking this eagle?

Something was very keen to chase off this White-tailed Eagle.  It looks to me like a Buzzard, but it seems quite small and there are also Hen Harriers in the area, so I'd appreciate a more expert opinion.  Sorry the photos are rather distant.

• Thanks, Robbo.

It looked very small when I saw it in "real life", not just the photos. Your suggestion would make sense.
  • I think you are right about size differences Robbo, the size difference is even more amazing in real life. A few years ago we were near the Shiant Isles looking at a new W T Eagle nest when the local Buzzard pair started bombing the Eagles,there were 8 of us in the rib and we were gobsmacked, highlight of that week I think
  • Just adding some observation info re the amazing versatility,Common Buzzard,

Here in Devon,we regularly have Buzzards being bombarded by the Corvid population,but yesterday and previous day,Buzzard chasing the Collared Dove and missed its hold as it shot past the window,with Dove losing many feathers,but escaped its grasp, and then,
    yesterday almost knocked itself out on the kitchen window chasing Blackbird,that craftily flew down and up into the bushes,but not giving up Buzzard tried to follow,but could not get up among the twisted branches, but sat,watching for several minutes ,with its tail beautifully fanned,

• Thanks again, all.

When I saw the attack, I thought it must be Rooks, as I've seen them chase off Buzzards in the area on more than one occasion. I couldn't believe it when I looked at the photos and saw it was apparently a Buzzard! Unfortunately, the action was moving away from me, but I did see a second bird coming in to assist. I only have a very distant photo of that, but the shape is right for another Buzzard.

I've never seen this behaviour from raptors before. There are quite a few in the area, but they mostly seem to ignore each other.
  • S K our local Buzzards seem quite lazy in comparison with your local birds we hardly ever see them chasing small birds mammals seem to be high on the menu along with larger invertebrates. In the Dales area we see quite a lot of dead Rabbits and, after shooting days, game birds that have not been picked up. Buzzards can sometimes be seen along with the Red Kites scrapping for these bits with the Kites often proving to be the better scavenger
  • This is the first attack.  I have more photos from the second pass, but probably won't have time to post them today.