Is this a juvenile blackbird?

I couldn't make up my mind what this was, my thinking is a juvenile blackbird but not sure.

• Might need a second opinion but that looks like a juvenile starling to me. For me it's because of the bottom picture showing the eye and beak looking like a continuous black line, plus the colour. It doesn't get 'stars' until adult plumage.
  • No - it's an adorable young starling. Love the yellowhammer!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• I feel a bit stupid now. I have had dozens of juvenile starlings over the last couple of weeks but they were all sleeker and less fluffy than this one, hence why I discounted it as a starling. But looking more carefully at it, and my pics of the other starlings, I can see this is indeed a starling, but younger that the others I've had recently.

As for the yellowhammer, I'm lucky to have at least 4 feeding every day. They're normally second to start feeding every morning after the magpie, at around half 4, (according to my trail cam footage).
  • You shouldn't feel stupid - loads of people see these adorable, fluffy things invade their gardens and wonder what they are. Usually there's a suitably harassed parent about but clearly there wasn't on this occasion.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• In reply to Stephen65:

You're absolutely right, they seem to have a second sleeker coat of feathers slightly after this one you saw, and then that gives way to the stars? Or maybe they just get one or the other. I absolutely love the sleeker plumage stage, it looks awesome. The first time I saw one on the bird table I spent an hour inside a bird guide trying to work out what it was, I thought I'd seen something rare!
  • That yellowhammer is literally saying "ermmm... Why are you not photographing me?" :)

• I couldn't see any parents about with that one, just a female blackbird feeding a little bit away.

Here is one of the sleeker ones from just over a week ago.