Help with identification please. Found in Dunham Massey.

Puzzle duck. Haven't seen this one before. 

• The shape of a wood duck. It has pigmentation issues. Leucism.
  • In reply to Robbo:

Solved I think. Female Mandarin with the same condition. We don't get those up here often so pretty pleased I spied this one. Thank you! 

• No problem. Why is it a female mandarin rather than wood duck?
  • In reply to Robbo:

Same family but very few Wood ducks in the UK. Usually spotted escapees from private collections. Mandarins are a little more common though. Found a photo of a white Mandarin at Dunham by another author after spending far too long searching, posted December 2020. Really pleased I spotted her as I doubt I'll see that often in my life. Your suggestion sent me on the right path for identification so thanks again!
  • Certainly law of averages favours mandarin. As there is only one, and the only other record of mandarin also appears to be this individual, I am not convinced it can be separated even by the website that claimed it as a mandarin.
  • By complete coincidence I’ve just seen another photo of what must be the same bird at Dunham Park on another website, posted 24 March 2021, and labelled as a probably escaped, albino / leucistic wood duck. Not sure if I should post links but you could google Steve Oakes bird photography and click on his latest photos.
  • In reply to ouzel:

Good spot. Those photos on that site show a pink eye, so looks albino, though I don't know the ins and outs of it. As female mandarins (which is effectively an Asian wood duck) and female wood ducks are separated by colour, and this individual has no colour, positive separation isn't realistic IMO. Percentages do suggest mandarin, but both species crop up at places like National Trust sites.
  • In reply to ouzel:

Excellent spot. Definitely the same one. I'll post if I hear back from him.
  • In reply to Robbo:

Kinda wish she had a partner nearby as they don't interbreed. That would have solved it no problem! I'm still digging so I'll post any new info. There is a little brown colour on her underbelly which makes me think she's Leucistic rather than albino.