Warbler ID help please

Small warbler difficult to see clearly due to moving around in foliage. Tried some shots with my camera and managed to get 3 images though not ideal. Main points are the very long & thin supercilium and the somewhat blotchy ear coverts, though not visible on photos, very brief binocular views showed a single rather thin wing bar. A nearby Yellow-browed Warbler was more successfully photographed! Have been in discussion about most likely species, but need some further thoughts before confirming. Photograph taken in Suffolk on 20th September.

• Hi Malcolm, perhaps a Chiffchaff but will leave this one to the experts as it's difficult to see all the main ID pointers and need more skill than I have to call this one.

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to HAZY:

Thanks Hazel, we've definitely ruled out chiffchaff due to the very long narrow supercilium, legs, general behaviour, call.

• ok, maybe they are thinking of willow warbler then.

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to malcolm d robertson:

malcolm d robertson said:

Thanks Hazel, we've definitely ruled out chiffchaff due to the very long narrow supercilium, legs, general behaviour, call.

I don't think anyone should be 'confirming' from those photos. Re your comments, the legs, from what can be seen, don't seem to rule out chiffchaff. Not sure what you mean re "general behaviour" ruling it out. What was it doing for that to be valid?

Realistically, law of average in UK mid Sept suggests chiffchaff. Whilst I accept it might not be, I don't think anyone is going to be convincingly able to confirm it as anything more exotic. Suffolk is capable of unusual migrants. Where I am, they're less likely and all warblers except chiffchaff and blackcap have now gone from the garden and surrounding area.

• Please note the long narrow supercilum which goes round the neck which is quite clear. The legs are not black, note blonching around ear coverts. Call not Chiffchaff, the usual sort hooweet call that they make when moving through vegitation, the call was more tentative & tit like, a bit like a Coal Tit. Tail not persistently cocking down as normal for a Chiffchaff. I had already photographed a Yellow-browed Warbler a few metres away, and I and others initially thought it was a second Yellow-browed, however it only had a narrow single wingbar, and the supercilium was much longer so we wereasking for further thoughts.