Willow warbler? Which birds sing or call with "hoo-eet" sound?

Where I live, there are a few birds with a "hoo-eet" call. 

I haven't paid much attention until this week, and I found two distinct birds with similar calls.

Bird 1 is an abundant bird from a coastal conifer woodland, where several birds repeatedly call each other with repeated "hoo-eet" calls. When I see them, they fly nervously from branch to branch. It seemed rather uniformly light brown, even a bit of yellowish or olive hue. These birds are seed-eaters and are seen flying around eating the seeds inside pine cones.

Bird 2 is a sparrow-size bird, further away from this woodland, near the dunes by the coast, where there are small shrubs (dwarf pines and birch). Bird was alone and flew away to a small distance once I approach it. Bird was featureless brown on back and pale belly, a pointy bill, and remarkably, a pale/ white supercilium and blackish eye-stripe. It should be easy to ID with these features. I am not sure if bird 2 is from the same family as bird 1, or a distinct family.

Amy guesses for these two birds?

And which birds sing or call with "hoo-eet" sounds?

Below is the list of birds which I am familiar with:

(Northeast Scotland, coastal woodland)

I am familiar with the following birds that occur near my house/woods: sparrow, robin, chaffinch, goldfinch, bullfinch, yellowhammer, swift, sand martin, starling, blackbird, magpie, crows, jackdaw, pied wagtail, oystercatcher, most gull species; wood pigeon, dove, I am also familiar with the meadow pipit, but I only find it further away

I am more or less familar with these birds: wren and dunnoch, siskin and greenfinch, all tits, song and mistle thrush, skylark (only if singing), jay (only if singing), buzzard and eagles (only if flying near), osprey (only if flying near and diving in), and some other seabirds and waders

I haven't seen these birds yet, so I still do not exactly how they look like: all buntings, all flycatchers, all woodpeckers, all warblers (which are still hard to ID!), treecreeper, linnet and twite, tree sparrow, other larks, wheatwear, redpoll, redwing, restart, fieldfare, most warblers, other wagtails, hawfinch, brambling, crossbill, whitethroat, bluethroat, all crests, long tail tit, merlin, kestrel, harrier, hawks, nuthatch, shrikes, chough, nightingale, dipper, waxwing, wryneck

And these ones I am also not very familiar with them, I have seen birds that I tentatively identify them as such: reed bunting, garden warbler, blackcap, whinchat and stonechat, chiffchaff (when they were not singing)

• I just checked their calls online and I have a good guess for bird 1: a willow warbler or a chiffchaff (the call seems to fit better a willow warbler. Interestingly, as I know the forest well, there are a few chiffchaffs around but I hear their song always coming from the same trees - I walk that path every day. Which leads to confidently say bird 1 is a willow warbler). Also the appearance of bird 1 matches a willow warbler. Anyone agreeing?

Still no idea about bird 2. My guess is for some other type of warbler.

• The four species that make a hooeet contact call are chaffinch, redstart, chiffchaff and willow warbler. None will be feeding on pine cones in trees. The latter two will be picking insects. To the trained ear, the contact call between chiffchaff and the rest can be more of a hweet than hooeet. Can't narrow down which of the two you heard from what was written. Because size is difficult to gauge, I reckon both birds were willow warblers as you mentioned eye stripes and supercilium. But not enough detail to be sure without a photo.
  • In reply to Robbo:

Yes, I agree. I also hear chaffinches doing the hooeet call.
    But the woodland birds I mentioned (bird 1) were almost certainly willow warblers.
    They seem to be quite numerous and widespread, because when I go hiking in the moors, I also hear them near rivers, often quite nervous flying away and making the same contact call (and they are not chaffinches).

I will try to observe again bird 2, the one I find regularly on the dunes, about 10min away. Nothing like a second look. The suggestion for a common redstart is a good one. It could have been a female or juvenile. Pale brown on the top and back, and pale cream on the belly. I might have not noticed the red color due to shading.