Possibly a warbler?

1. Hello, I hope the video works but I have been struggling to identify this bird I keep seeing in the willow trees along my local river (the Ythan in Ellon Aberdeenshire) and I can never get a good view of them either! They always make this “chit chit” sound which can be heard in the video. I have looked at various online videos of calls and none seem to quite match up!
  • I also have a young labrador with me who doesn’t like to stay still so getting a good video is no easy task!!
  • Are you sure it's not just the "tic tic tic ......" concerned call of a Robin like this

david m, XC519800. Accessible at www.xeno-canto.org/519800.

Happy to be corrected if people think differently.

• flickr.com/.../72157714869417521

Hopefully these will be more helpful, they are the best I’ve been able to get!

I am certain the sound is coming from these birds and they have the typical warbler appearance of being “brown with an eye stripe and difficult to get a proper view of them”. They are similar in size to a great tit and some appear to be juveniles. The sound is softer than the robin call I think I.E. not so loud and sudden and with less of a ring to it if that makes sense?
  • The bird in your pic is a Great Tit. The repeated tick-tick or chit-chit sound in the video is a Wren.