Juvenile identification

Wondering if this is a blackbird or a robin? Thoughts please!

• If you can get another shot of its right leg, you can maybe read the ring information. Robin for me (but I have been known to be wrong!)
  • Yes, juvenile robin as PB said. With the leg ring, if you get all 7 letters/digits,  assuming you took several photos of this young bird  you can report the sighting HERE and then receive back the information on this robin although it must have been caught very recently and not many weeks out of the nest by the looks of it !!     The ring code is often two letters, followed by 5 numbers.

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to gcarr30:

And now we wait for someone who knows ringing organisations, to drop a link in.....Hazelllll...where are youuuuu…. :o) and we can find out all about this bird, and more so in the future if you see it again (or just keep the number out of curiosity and pop it in every couple of months or so lol)
  • x-post....there she was lol
  • LOL PB !

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Interesting that it was such young bird. Unlike large birds eg Ospreys etc I don't think it would have been ringed in the nest so it must have been trapped in a net during a routine ringing procedure.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• OK great! He's really friendly and comes down to see me every day just so we can hang out together - so I'll make sure to note downthe 7 digits so I can look him/her up.
  • Quick update on this - I think I finally managed to get enough photos to get his ring number - so I have put it into the Link that Hazel kindly shared and I'm awaiting an update/response.

Once I get one then I'll paste the details here for everyone! :-)