Goldcrest??

Seen today at RSPB Lochwinnoch.  I thought it was a warbler of some sort, but on blowing up the pics i'm leaning towards a Goldcrest (female?).  In one of the pics you can see a couple of specs of yellow there, but not a full stripe, so i'm not entirely convinced.

Craig Moore. https://www.facebook.com/Craizy.Photo
  • Hi Craig, I would tend to agree that it is a Goldcrest and can see the yellow you mentioned and also a hint of its yellow feet. . Looks like possibly a juvenile but will leave that to the experts.

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Well done on these pictures, Goldcrests are buggers to catch! IMHO if it makes a constant high-pitched call, moves around in cover alot, and is really REALLY small, good chance its a Goldcrest. LTTs do similar things but there tend to be more of them and they're a tad easire to spot
  • The only similar bird to a goldcrest in the UK is the firecrest but they never touch Scotland so we can rule that one out straight away! It looks very like a juvenile goldcrest scince the eye looks bigger due to darker plumage and the beak looks like it has a red tinge.