Juvenile Goshawk?

Came fleetingly across this raptor with its red legged partridge prey a few weeks ago. Just time for a couple of photos before it disappeared so just have this view of it.  Have posted on number of facebook sites and majority opinion is that it is a juvenile goshawk.  Any views supporting this and why or suggesting  alternative e.g. sparrowhawk or buzzard and why would be welcome. 

May thanks

• Sparrowhawk is ruled out as they are barred rather than streaked. Possible confusion is with Juvenile Buzzard but they are generally less uniformly streaked than this bird and have a subtle light/dark banding across the breast. The colouring, the strong uniform streaks, the lighter face and the obvious beginnings of a developing light supercillium all identify this as a Juvenile Goshawk. What a fantastic shot Pete, well done!

• Many thanks Mr B. This is the most detailed explanation that I have received identifying this as a juvenile goshawk. It was just one of those very lucky encounters and so glad I had camera at hand and just enough time to take 2 quick photos before it disappeared. Did not unfortunately even see it fly off, must have been looking down at camera and when I looked up it was gone as was its prey. I live in area where a very few goshawks have been known to breed but have never seen one so this encounter made my day!
  • I bet it did!, those lucky unexpected ones are all the more special. The juveniles are such beautifully marked birds, you did well to get such a great shot of it.
  • . There is often a great deal of discussion among bird club recorders about whether a bird is a Goshawk or a Sparrowhawk,usually coming down on the side of the Sprawk but the bird in your photo looks good for a Gos
  • Whilst a large female Sparrowhawk can look very similar to, and can often be mistaken, for an adult Goshawk, juvenile Goshawks (as per Pete's pic) are very distinctive and easy to identify, they couldn't possibly be confused with Sparrowhawk.