A new visitor... some sort of finch??

Good evening,

I wonder if anyone can help us identify a new visitor to our rural garden; I think it might be some sort of finch - the closest I can find is a rosefinch, and it’s song sounds very similar... could it be?

It arrived yesterday evening, and was here this morning, but not throughout the day (although our family of ravens might have scared it off).

It’s back this evening, and singing it’s heart out.  I’d love to know what it is. 

Thanks in advance for any help

Julia

• Hi Julia, I could be mistaken but it looks like a distant view of a robin
  • Thanks all. No, definitely not a robin. I am well aware of what they look like!!

We have a few of those, along with plenty of regular visitors... blackbirds, goldfinches, siskins, greenfinches, greater spotted woodpeckers, etc etc as well as a kestrel (with a recently spotted possible mate) who likes the drainpipes to shelter from the wind.  

Photo from last winter

All this in addition to the ubiquitous magpies and our lovely ravens. (They really don’t get on, but tolerate each other and share the space relatively amicably most of the time)

I must try to get a closer picture of this new visitor, but it likes being high up!

Robbo, I’ll take some shots of the ravens and get them posted ASAP.

• Hi Julia, your bird is very definitely a Robin, nothing more exotic i'm afraid. I'd also be very interested to see pics of your Ravens in the garden.