LIVE! Blue Tit Nesting

Our son has Tourette’s Syndrome and other people cause him to feel very isolated & alone.. so we fill his world with the love of nature & adventure. This bird house & camera was bought as a Christmas present so it’s been set up from the start of the year.. 

In Feb we saw some action a regular Blue Tit popping in from time to time..

In March we were able to capture some video footage but no further action..

On Easter Sunday we saw mum preparing the nest filling it with moss and feathers.. 

This morning we found two Blue Tits at home.. a little wrestling.. and then she laid her first egg!! 

https://youtu.be/X8M2E4dy-a4

• At first I thought I was looking at a still picture mrtc, but the video is over an hour long and what ever was going at the end looks like another Blue Tit wants to take over the nest, I hope you keep and on the nest and keep us informed if she comes back to brood the egg or eggs.

Jim

My Pictures

• It's a live streaming Jim..
    Hope all goes well mrtic and your son enjoys the camera.

My Flickr photos

• Yes it’s a live stream. She is most active in the mornings. This is our sons first project, he has Tourette’s Syndrome & widely isolated..his love for wildelife is something he is free to emerse himself in without negativity so any positive tips or advice would be welcome!
  • Hello Mrtic, welcome to the community. What a lovely idea to have for your son, I am sure he will have much pleasure from the nest box, hopefully watching the birds will give him an interest to follow different birds, in the garden and out and about. I would think it would be a very calming and exciting hobby for him to follow. I hope you have sucess with the nest, keep us updated

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• In reply to Alan.:

Love your work on Flickr! Amaxing
  • It was not live when I viewed it or I would not have been able to fast forward it to the end, and not sure why you are posting it again on a new thread?

Jim

My Pictures

• Latest news on the Blue Tit Nest having woken up to four beautiful babies, and four left to hatch. Each with very cute tuffs of feathers on their heads!

Think we finally have the knack of uploading & streaming.. m.youtube.com/watch

Enjoy!
  • In reply to James:

Can you say anything nice it’s really disappointing a fully grown adult can only poke holes in someone so young just starting out