she visits with the pigeons but it seems that she sings rather than cooing. Weird pigeon or is she something else? Bristol

• Hi, it looks like a fairly standard feral pigeon to me, albeit a quite nicely marked one. What sort of "singing" does it do? Could you get a recording on your phone perhaps so that we can hear it? You can post sound clips in the same way as you posted a photo provided the size doesn't exceed 4Mb.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Thank you! It may be more accurately described as chirping, not really a full song. I'll record her next time she comes! She's a lovely little creature no matter what she is.
  • You probably need our member Monkeycheese. He is a pigeon aficionado and knows everything there is to know about feral pigeons.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Looks like a juvenile to me. You might be hearing some of the calling that youngsters make when they want feeding. Some of them continue this after they have fledged and make those noises as they eat with the rest of the flock. They don't necessarily want food from the adults and can feed for themselves. I see it here fairly often.

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• Thank you! She visited again today but was very quiet, not a peep! When I heard it I did think it sounded a bit like a baby bird chirp, so that may explain it! She also brought along another pretty friend today, maybe they've bonded over their lovely coloring.