Is this a bird?

I’m based near Doncaster and was in the garden around 7:45 this morning and I could hear this whistle (almost sounds like a whistling toy), is this a bird and if so what is it likely to be? There’s just fields out the back and very rarely people.

Thank you in advance for your help! 

• I was about to say could it be a starling?

I can hear a crow and a goldfinch and then a whistle that does sound like a starling.

I used to work backing onto the hills near Fulwood in Sheffield, and I would hear buzzards all day. Their cry is somehow always cold sounding (I am not saying that to their detriment, I love a buzzard). This sounds warmer and friendlier somehow!
  • I’m fairly certain it is a starling, I heard it again when there was only one bird I could see in the area it came from which was almost definitely a starling!

I would love to hear one mimic other things (although maybe I have and haven’t realised)
  • Black woodpeckers!!! I'm very jealous :)

In our urban area, the starlings do the neighbour's faulty house alarm and a version of the Homebase annoucement system, which somehow manages to be boomingly loud AND inaudible at the same time. If they weren't so lovely, it would be annoying!

I'm not an expert, but there seems to be a burgeoning area of research on bird sounds. The Sound Approach are doing some incredible work in this area!
  • Lovely to hear your update, which made me laugh!

Golden Oriole is one of my favourite bird sounds, but sadly we never hear them here in Sheffield.

I heard a local starling give a whistle the other day and thought of you!
  • I’m just playing Red Dead Redemtion 2 on the Xbox, riding though what is a fictionalised version of roughly Mississippi in Wild West times and guess what bird song is playing! The starlings whistle! At first I thought my starling was back outside then I realised it was coming from the tv, so I think it’s safe to say it’s definitely mimicking a bird of prey.