Grey catbird in Italy ?

• Hi Paolo,

I am currently living in Italy, further South than you are but we have definitely got the grey catbird here, I have heard it often from our garden and yesterday finally caught a glimpse of it. I will try and get a photograph if I can.
  • In reply to Cazia:

Cazia said:
    I will try and get a photograph if I can.

I hope you do, I'm sure we will all be interested to see it.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Wow, just came across this thread and very interested in this bird and if we can get a picture of it too, best of luck Cazia.

Jim

My Pictures

• We are due to leave where we have been living in a few days, if I had known how rare it was before now I would have been trying to get a photo for sure, will keep trying over the next few days. Definitely the grey catbird though, once heard never mistaken, mostly hear it early morning or at dusk, honestly thought it was a cat first time I heard it and went out looking for an injured cat under the trees then heard it above me and saw it fly off, been trying to get a photo or at least a sound recording since then.
  • We are due to leave where we have been living in a few days, if I had known how rare it was before now I would have been trying to get a photo for sure, will keep trying over the next few days. Definitely the grey catbird though, once heard never mistaken, mostly hear it early morning or at dusk, honestly thought it was a cat first time I heard it and went out looking for an injured cat under the trees then heard it above me and saw it fly off, been trying to get a photo or at least a sound recording since then.