Red Kite and Buzzard: Is it a 'pale form' Buzzard?

Hi all

Spotted these across the road from my house at lunchtime. The buzzard was one of 3 until the red kite came along to join the party, but it looks like an unusual colour from underneath. Is it a pale form buzzard? Sorry the second photo isn't clear but I was trying to capture them both in one picture for comparison.

Best wishes Chris

• Hi Squirrel, Sarum Bat, Kezmo, TJ & Blackbird

Thanks for your kind comments. :-) I just get a 'bee in my bonnet' about taking a couple of good pictures of certain birds and as the Red Kites have been in my patch for a while, they are my current 'target'.

Squirrel, I never expected the Buzzards, they were just a great bonus today. I also saw sort sort of Harrier type birds, but they were too quick for me to take any decent pics.

I didn't even know that there were 2 different birds of prey in one shot until I got home and uploaded them onto my PC.

Blackbird, I know that you know all about bird sounds, so I have bought a book with CD's and am learning to recognise some bird songs. The first thing that I now do before swinging my lens about is to listen.

Best wishes Chris

• I saw a red kite today 13/11/21 near Pinner park has that distinctive twin pointed tail
  • What gorgeous captures! It's so hard to take good pics of these guys in flight so thanks for sharing these with us :)