small fledgling starling abandoned and not eating by itself

I have a small fledgling starling (I think). He’s been hopping around the garden for two days attempting to fly but only managing big flapping hops so far.

My main worry is that he’s alone. No parents are feeding him and he often sits in one spot for hours. When all the other adult starlings come down to eat and feed their young, he runs and cries but they ignore him and push him away. It’s heartbreaking. I even witnessed a jackdaw try to attack him this afternoon.it grabbed him by the leg. Luckily he survived the ordeal.

Has anyone any advice on whether starling fledging can feed themselves or whether he might start? The internet is a minefield of information so wanted genuine advice on here.

I will attach a picture so any experts might be able to advise his age? and if he is maybe out of the nest too early.  

Only positive is that he loves our water fountain and pond and seems to know to drink from there so maybe that’s keeping him alive right now. I’ve got seed and fat balls and softened mealworms all over the garden. He just doesn’t seem to peck at them. Cry