Encouraging Blackbirds

Hi,

I recently purchased a ground feeder and also some 'robin blend' bird seed and would like some advice if possible.

We get quite a lot of birds in our garden, and I have a bird table and pole feeder in place. I have a particular soft spot for blackbirds and I was hoping to be able to feed them without putting food directly on the ground as they don't venture onto the bird table to feed (we also have little furry mice friends that I don't want to encourage by putting food on the ground).

I have put the ground feeder out in a permanent spot to try and get them used to it, and I put the robin blend out every day plus extra dried mealworms (I leave the feeder out all the time but don't leave food on the feeder overnight due to the furry friends).

The blackbirds are still coming to the garden, but they are wary of the feeder and aren't using it, despite there being food on it. However, a flock of Starlings keep coming are eating all of the mealworms!!!

I was just wondering if there is anything else I can do to encourage the blackbirds to use the feeder? They look at it and appear to look at the food, and bob about around it, but do not jump on to eat the food.

Thank you for any advice you can give me :)