Advice about baby robins

Basically we have a pair of robins that nested in our giant conifers. We had some really windy weather over the last weekend so not sure if the babies possibly blew out of the nest early. 

But Monday afternoon we have a baby robin hopping all around our garden. Being fed, thank goodness, by both parents. But spending a lot of time alone just hopping all over. Not flying or attempting to fly. We have a dog so he has been banned from the garden since then.

Long story short, there’s a lot of cats around our area and we have even seen a hawk pick sparrows out our trees earlier this month so we weren’t holding much hope for this little floor bound baby. However Tuesday morning he was still hopping aroind. So happy he survived the night. But still no flying. 

All day Tuesday we kept an eye on him and he’s fine, hopping  around being fed by both parents, worms and bugs etc. Happy little guy. Hiding under shrubs etc. Again we worried about the night. But amazingly this morning we found he had made his way into the front garden hedgerow, still hopping around and being fed. But this time he had a sibling!! Two baby robins. Amazing as we’ve never had them in our garden before. So again we’ve spent all day keeping an eye out for them. 

So as the sun is starting to set and we get ready for a worrying night again, can I have any advice as to when these baby robins might fly. Today is day 3 and I’m so worried that the cats are going to get them as they show no sign of flying anytime soon. 

I’ve googled and there’s so much conflicting info I just don’t know what’s right. 

Thanks in advance. I will try and get a close picture at some point. We’ve been keeping our distance so not to scare off mam and dad. 

Gem