Cat at Pigeons Nest in Garden

Currently WFH and have my desk facing the garden. For a few weeks I've been watching the clumsy pigeons making a nest but this week I noticed there was a cat in the tree. I ran out and tried to chase is off but it was too late. Later I noticed a broken egg under the tree. I also have a bird feeder in the tree so now I'm worried about all the birds.

Any suggestions?

• Yep I have a problem with a cat as I would imagine a lot of people do.
    What I have done is hang my larger feeders off a branch on a small chain and some of the smaller feeders I have used 30lb braid you can buy the braid from a fishing tackle shop. The feeders that I have hanging from a branch on the tree with a chain are of the type sold by the RSPB with the cage and tray under the feeder. The small feeders are the fat ball and suet cake feeders and these are hanging off a branch with the braid. All the feeders are over two metres from the ground
    And the chain and braid prevents a squirrel and a cat climbing from the tree to the feeders. Yes cats are agile and can jump but this has not happened in my garden plus the cages also gives protection from squirrels eating the bird food.
    Plus the cages discourage pigeons and magpies and gives the small birds protection when feeding. There is a small amount of food that falls to the ground from the suet and fat ball feeders, but this is usually mopped up by the pigeons and other birds. Hope this is of use but it seems to work for me.