Feeding wild birds

Hello! I put some feeders up in my garden, I have 2 seed feeders up and a wire mesh type feeder containing a Suet pellet mixture. My garden currently only seems to be visited by Starlings, House Sparrows and the odd Black Bird. Over the past week, the Suet pellets have been getting a battering, I'm fully filling the feeder on a daily basis now. This isn't an issue for me, and I'll happily do it, if it is however benefiting the birds and isn't going to cause them any issues. Any help or advive will be greatly received! 

Regards

Luke. 

• I keep feeders up all year round. I don't think this has too much effect on the birds, as different times of the year see vastly different quantities of birds using them.
    In autumn when the wild seed/food is available I notice a huge drop off in bird numbers, with them returning once the wild seed/food has been eaten.
    Also watching the tits, robins, dunnocks, finches and blackbirds etc during the breeding season, when they are feeding young, they are seen grabbing the wild food ie caterpillars, worms, grubs etc to feed the youngsters.
    I think they only use the feeders to sustain themselves with easy food due to working hard to feed the young.
  • That's great, thank you all for your inforative replies to my post. I shall carry on just as I am. I find it very entertaining seeing them all come and go from my feeders. Slight smile

Regards
    Luke.