Blackbird nest on a construction site

I have a delapidated outbuilding on my property which is a danger and needs taking down urgently. I went in to start dismantling yesterday and found a blackbird on a nest.

Question 1 is does anyone know when she'll be finished? I only have the skip 2 weeks but would rather not disturb her if possible.

Question 2 is what can I plant or build so that she has suitable nesting areas in the future once this area has been rebuilt. I was looking at hedgerow plants for my hedgehogs, would these help?

• Hello Hexxus, I have attached a link for you, all about Blackbirds. They can have up to 3 broods a year, up to the end of July, so this would probably be her last one. She will sit on the eggs for 14 days, and once they hatch, the chicks will be in the nest for another 14 days, maybe a bit earlier, if predators are around. So it depends when she started to brood, you may have to wait 2-4 weeks. They like to build in bushes and shrubs, somewhere quite thick and hidden. Mine have built in amongst Honeysuckle and Clematis. The article is a good guide and will hopefully help you.

www.google.com/url

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.