Breeding bird Survey

Im doing the breeding bird survey again this year 

• Oh that's good to hear Zo. I thought you didnt manage it last year due to one thing or another my memory must be failing me lol.....how did you get on last year cos I must have missed your post!

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• I thought I had missed it but that wasn’t the case. It was just the seassion walking through how the survey works in the area you will be surveying that I missed. but I wasn’t able to make it anyway. I mainly submitted my results online on the breeding bird survey.  but I got the instructions through the post this year which is helpful. I still managed to do it even though I didn’t know how though. My transect was the Orchard and stream so I submitted the birds I saw on those routes when I visited but I was still getting the hang of it. It went ok though 

• Hopefully this year's will be much better then now you have the instructions lol

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Sorry for the late reply I had to do something and then it was time to get ready to go out somewhere and was Gone for some time

Hopefully this year's will be much better then now you have the instructions lol

Yes hopefully now I got the instructions
  • There are times I might not be able to do the square but I will when I can  cause I go to the Orchard and the Stream sometimes.  I might be going to Cornwall and wales this year  during summer and Autumn  so I won’t be able to do it then cause I’m going to be doing the same square as last year but I will be able to do the square for the survey until I go on holiday and when I come back. When I go to other places like edge I won’t be able to do the square iv chosen but when I go to the orchard and the stream I will be able to. Its not far from me which is helpful

• Good luck with this Zo and enjoy the experience, we have been doing some squares for years and have always enjoyed it but picking easier squares nowadays

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can