Nature/Science Researching/Writing/Reporting - Any Tips on Qualifications/Courses? UK Based, experience but no official qualifications, looking to enter the field officially.

As the question says - I have years of experience in writing (technical, non-fiction, reports, etc) but no official qualifications when it comes to writing reports and research papers on Scientific/Natural topics. This is something I have done free of charge and occasionally on commission as a hobby which I enjoy very much and I am now looking to join the field officially. As an amateur researcher and studier of nature, I contribute to citizen science databases and love to write about what I am learning and have now decided that I want to make it official - leave the field I'm in and join the conservation/ecology research and writing world.

The problem is that I have hit a ceiling with what I can teach myself using online resources and books and am now in need of further, proper training. Do you have any tips on where and how to proceed? I'm aware that this is a very open-ended question; sorry.