Crested Tit

• In reply to Zo Clark:

Sadly unless there are any photo’s with evidence of where it definitely was seen it would be very difficult to prove. Recordings of any rare birds to the recorders are covered by very strict criterial before accepting claims of any rare birds. For example they would want proof that it wasn’t an escaped bird in captivity from breeding etc. Even if it is a possibility of any rare bird. It has got to be definitely proven otherwise it won’t be accepted.

Regards,

Ian.

• Ok. Thanks for your help.

• Also it might need more than one person to have seen such a rare bird bird with more than 1 photo. It would have been nice to see such a photo.

Regards,

Ian.

• www.allaboutbirds.org/.../what-should-i-do-to-report-a-rare-bird
    What I should do report a rare bird. This might help in the future!

Regards,

Ian.

• In reply to THOMO:

Ok. Thanks.
  • Sorry Zo, there is no way that your bird would be accepted into official records without at least decent field notes made at the time of your sighting and in this day and age recorders want a photo if possible even bad ones. For 10 years I was recorder for our local group and I have a fair idea what is required to get rare sightings in the record book. Sorry but I think you would be wasting your time sending it to i naturalist or similar sites.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can