Swan question

Hi , I frequent a local nature reserve, which has many swans which are seen on the largest areas of water. That is except one solitary swan. This bird is seen in an area of woodland well away from other swans. I have seen it in what can only be described as a ditch. I saw him today, the ditch is approx 2 metres wide and has dried up at both ends.I have seen him out of the ditch on the grass verge eating grass, there is also a small round pond approximately 8 metres wide. He  was at the ponds edge a couple of days ago. When we made it through the trees to the ponds edge he climbed into the water and made his way towards us, this was not easy as there was a thin layer of ice, Half way across the pond he actually climbed on the ice and flapped his wings before falling through the ice.

I saw him today , again in the ditch. When i approached he tried to clamber out. I threw some food into the ditch, which he seemed  eager to eat.  I did contact the nature reserve who said that they had other reports , however they said they were not concerned. 

A few minutes after feeding him I returned a shot a short video , I have provided a link to the video. Do you think this swan is ok ? The reserve has had reports of avian flu, so even if he did need moving, I don't think they would touch him. Thanks for any reassurance swan video