apps to help bird watchers (or any wildlife for that matter!)

Hi there,

I'm not 100% this is the right section to post this question, but since it's full of experts it's the most appropriate I could find!
My name is Will and I've been working on an iphone app for the last few years.  It's a location-based messaging app and I think it could be useful for many things!
I am currently trying to raise investment for it, so I can build a team to revamp it and to start marketing it (and do an Android version eventually!).  In the meantime though I'm trying to find groups of people who may find it particularly useful for their hobbies, work, or just communicating in general.
For a long time I have thought it could be useful for bird watchers, whom I am sure must need (or enjoy) to log their sightings!  With the app, users can post messages in different places, and can filter them by day and by a hashtag.
So for example, I could post a message here in Vauxhall (London), for last Saturday, with a photo of some Parakeets (they're everywhere!), and include a #parakeet hashtag.  Then someone interested in parakeets can filter the map for that hashtag, and see a heatmap of posts with that same hashtag, for the whole world, on that particular day (Saturday)!
I would be very interested to hear someone's thoughts on this.. whether it would be useful to bird watchers..  what would make it better.. anything!  I just want to get people using it if it can help them! 
The prototype for the app is on the iOS appstore, which I built 100% all by myself.  It's not that snazzy looking but with investment it will become amazing.  Find it here https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/twice/id1086604489?mt=8
Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you!
Will