Do kestrels eat fish?

Yesterday we were walking along the path by the river Deben in Suffolk. It is river on one side and low lying grazing land on the other. 
A bird of prey was looking for food over the field. Can you confirm this is a kestrel please?

it was unsuccessful over the field so switched to the river where it again stopped mid flight before diving into a small group of sea birds sat on the river. The birds were highly alarmed and flew off but the bird had caught something.

has it caught a bird or a fish?

Do kestrels eat fish?

• I could only attach one photograph and it is the worst one. If I could attach more I could show you the bird in the sky hovering and the land either side.
  • Kestrels do not eat fish, only rodents, birds & invertebrates ... your pic indicates a bird I cannot immediately confirm as a Kestrel, do you have Ospreys in the area? ... maybe you are having trouble uploading other pics which are too large, 4mb or less is recommended, try downsizing as would be good to see the others!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• It must have caught one of the birds then. It’s a shame the photograph is so unclear. Thank you for replying.
    I think it’s just that I am new and not sure how to upload several photos.
  • Top photo is definitely a kestrel, saw two of them myself on a walk yesterday. Osprey have white undersides if that’s any help, I can’t really tell on the bottom photo. Thanks, Ellis
  • Thank you.
    It was definitely a kestrel then.
    Is it possible that it could have retrieved a stoat from the water? That may explain the more fish
    Iike shape of its prey?
  • My mistake re Osprey as I hadn't seen your first pic, sorry! As Ellis says, definitely a Kestrel ... maybe your pic shows one wing hanging down of whatever bird the Kestrel caught?
    You can always upload your pics one at a time, you managed the first ones OK ... click on 'rich formatting' under reply box to bring up 'insert media' facility!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to Jojojojustjo:

I know kestrels are a big fan of voles but they also take a wide range of other animals. Here’s a link to their feeding patterns: www.rspb.org.uk/.../
  • Would be great to see better photos if you have them. Certainly looks like a fish, the way it's hanging down. Kestrels are known to pinch prey off of other birds.

• Thank you everyone. These are the only two pictures of the bird that I have. My other two photos are either side of the path that we were on, showing the river to the right and the low lying grazing land to the left. It happened so fast.