Worried about a (baby) bird...

Hi all,

I have recently put a new bird feeder in my back garden and there has been a huge influx of birds which is wonderful - I am however quite concerned as there seems to be a small bird that has been on the ground for most of today, not moving far at all and not really moving when I get fairly close as I would expect it to? Having said this he has just flown off when I attempted to get close enough for a picture, but he did do this earlier too before returning... he is mostly just sitting rather lethargically in the remains of a bluebell directly under the bird feeder...

I can’t be positive but I think it may be a baby goldfinch, it’s fluffy as a baby would be and I can just about make out yellow on its wings under the brownish fluff...

Should I be concerned for it? Is there anything that I can do to help?

I have been watching the birds all day on and off and have not seen any other birds which I could assume are it’s parents coming to protect and look after it...

I would hate to not do anything when there is something that I could do if needed and would therefore really appreciate any advice.

Thank you very much to anyone in advance

Aidan.